Temporary residence permit for property owners
Starting from November 3, 2015 Montenegro has officially implied so-called "golden visa" program for non-residents. Now all foreign owners of property in Montenegro could apply for temporary residence in Montenegro.
In order to apply for temporary residence for 1 year, the property owner should fill in, sign and submit an application for temporary residence permit to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. All applications should be submitted in person, while the application fee of EUR 45 per person shall be paid.
The time for processing the residency application is 40 days.
The following documents should be submitted:
1) Personally signed application for residency.
2) Copy of the property title deed (List Nepokretnosti) of not odler than 6 month prior to application.
3) Health insurance policy (covering minimum 30 days from the application date)
4) Proof of funds in the form of bank statement from a montenegrin bank of at least EUR 3,650 per person per year (EUR 10 per day)
5) Personal passport with at least 1 year validity, copies of all pages
6) Proof that a foreigner has not been legally sentenced to an imprisonment of more than six months in Montenegro or in a country of origin for a criminal offense prosecuted ex officio, or the legal consequences of a conviction ceased;
7) Proof that the application fee (EUR 5+40) for temporary residence is paid
Temporary Residence for Employment
A foreigner can work in Montenegro on the basis of a temporary residence and work permit or work registration certificate, unless otherwise provided by the law.
A foreigner can perform in Montenegro only those activities that the temporary residence and work permit or work registration certificate was issued for, and only for the employer who employs him/her.
The temporary residence and work permit for the employment and seasonal employment shall be issued to a foreigner who meets the following requirements:
- has means of subsistence;
- has provided accommodation;
- has health insurance;
- has submitted evidence justifying of the application for a permit issuance.
- has a valid foreign travel document or identity card issued by the competent authority of another state;
- was not imposed a prohibition on entry and residence in Montenegro;
- in Montenegro has not been legally sentenced to an imprisonment of more than six months for a criminal offense prosecuted ex officio, or the legal consequences of a conviction ceased;
- in the country of origin has not been legally sentenced to an imprisonment of more than six months for a criminal offense prosecuted ex officio, or the legal consequences of a conviction ceased;
- there are no restrictions due to the reasons of national security, public order or public health;
- she has submitted evidence of justifying the application for a permit issuance
Apart from the requirements above, the applicant submits the following as a proof of the justification of an application:
1) a written offer of the employer for hiring a foreigner on a particular work position;
2) a proof of the acquired level of education and qualification;
3) a proof of good health